At OCAS, we’re looking for a passionate and experienced individual to join our team as an Accounting Clerk. A strong communicator and problem solver, you’ll work with the Finance team to deliver exceptional financial services within our own organization, as well as to our external partners.
Highly organized with a keen eye for detail, as Accounting Clerk at OCAS you’ll help to organize financial records and documents. You’ll also handle the processing of payments, receivables and disbursements, prepare department reconciliations, and think outside the box to drive process improvements and efficiencies within the Finance team.
If you want to be part of an awesome, high-performing team, this role is for you!
In this role, you will:
- Perform accounting duties, including, but not limited to, preparing month end account and bank reconciliations, data entry relating to posting GL entries, and monthly HST analysis and reporting.
- Perform accounts receivable and payable duties, including, but not limited to, transaction processing, preparing bank deposits, printing batch reports and verifying information, processing bank transfers, EFT and bank wire payment, preparing invoices from a variety of sources, and following up on outstanding invoices.
- Perform ad-hoc duties, including, but not limited to, process gap analysis, cross-functional Finance initiative coordination, work with team and auditors to participate in the year-end audit process, supporting company personnel with purchasing, employee expenses, vendor invoice approval and PO processes, department filing and records retention coordination.
You should have:
- Postsecondary accounting education
- Microsoft Excel skills at an intermediate level
- Previous work experience using automated multi-module accounting software (Microsoft Navision preferred, but not essential)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to be involved in detailed work
- Previous work experience using MS Office Suite
- Previous administrative experience in an office environment
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.