At OCAS, we’re looking for a passionate and experienced Data Analyst to help build and strengthen our data initiatives. You’ll play an important role in the analytics and research that help shape the future of Ontario’s postsecondary education system. You’ll also be responsible for data and data quality, standards and models, and communicating analysis and studies in Ontario’s postsecondary sector, as well as our own internal operational metrics and reporting.
With well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities, you can organize and manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure. A confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you’re comfortable interacting with all levels of staff, customers and suppliers.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and teams who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, and support regular and ad-hoc reports and research studies, including:
- Perform data aggregation and analysis using statistics and modeling
- Visualize findings in a variety of ways, from static infographics to interactive business intelligence reports
- Consolidate and disseminate your findings through reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- Gather supporting information to aid in new product development, assist in translating business needs and inquiries into specific requirements and reports
- Participate in the development of new data products and services to meet the business unit goals
- Assist in assessing the quality of data collection and ensuring distributed information is verified and of the highest possible quality
- Collaborate with data owners and application system developers
- Participate on college committees supporting data, research, and information dissemination
You should have:
- A diploma, degree, or broad experience in mathematics, computer science, statistics or a related field
- Outstanding skills in data analysis, statistics, data modeling and reporting
- A passion to interpret data and find the story it contains
- Technical proficiency in:
- Data visualization software such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, or similar
- Data wrangling and modelling using R, Python, or similar
- Database scripting such as T-SQL or Oracle
- Strong MS Excel skills, especially using pivot tables, macros, and ODBC data sources
- Writing and presentation experience with an ability to convey technical and statistical information to a non-technical audience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Natural Language Processing tools and techniques
- Experience with Machine Learning tools and techniques
- Understanding of the software development process focused on business requirement definitions and testing methodology
- Understanding of Ontario’s postsecondary education system
- Understanding of open data systems, particularly in education and government
- Understanding of the concepts of data governance and knowledge management
Submit your application to email@example.com.