Data Analyst – Power BI Developer
At OCAS, we’re looking for a passionate and experienced Data Analyst to help build and strengthen our data initiatives. You’ll play an important role in the analytics and research that help shape the future of Ontario’s postsecondary education system. You’ll also be responsible for data and data quality, standards and models, and communicating analysis and studies in Ontario’s postsecondary sector, as well as our own internal operational metrics and reporting.
With well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities, you can organize and manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure. A confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you’re comfortable interacting with all levels of staff, customers and suppliers.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and teams who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, and support Power BI data models, reports, and dashboards to meet the business unit goals
- Generate ad-hoc reports and research studies, perform data analysis using statistics and modeling, dissemination to internal and external customers
- Translate business needs and complex data inquiries into easily understood business requirements, responses and reports
- Assist in assessing the quality of data collection and ensuring distributed information is verified and of the highest possible quality
- Gather supporting information and business requirements to aid in new product development
You should have:
- A diploma or degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics, or a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in Power BI development, including:
- Consuming data from a variety of sources, including via on-prem, cloud sources, and APIs
- Optimizing and transforming data models using Power Query M as well as creating new data structures with DAX
- Designing, building, and deploying visualizations, reports, and dashboards
- Configuring reports and apps through the Power BI services, including creating and managing security models
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in data visualization and visual storytelling
- Understanding of the software development process, including business requirement definitions, version control, deployment processes, and testing methodology
- Strong technical proficiency in T-SQL scripting, with both the ability to consume and create data dictionaries and documentation, as well as the ability to jump into a new dataset without documentation
- Outstanding skills in data analysis, statistics, data modeling, and reporting
- A resume that includes the word “cupcake” to demonstrate your attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills, with specialized skills in MS Excel using pivot tables and ODBC data sources
- Writing and presentation experience with an ability to convey technical and statistical information to a non-technical audience
- A passion to interpret data and find the story it contains
Nice to haves:
- Technical proficiency with scripting in R or Python
- Understanding of Ontario’s postsecondary education system
- Understanding of open data systems, particularly in education and government
- Understanding of the concepts of data governance and knowledge management
Submit your resume to email@example.com.