At OCAS, data is the lifeblood of our systems. We maintain over two decades of learner records as we track their transition from high school, to college applicant, to student, and to graduate. We’re also moving forward on a variety of new initiatives and products, and need to ensure our database technology supports our current and future needs for processing and analyzing the data collected by our web applications and system partners.
We’re looking for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) who’s seeking more than an opportunity to sit back, manage backups, and identify slow-running queries. As a DBA at OCAS, you’ll be an IT leader who partners with our development teams to ensure our database products enable and support our technology objectives to create products with a seamless customer experience.
OCAS is heavily invested in Microsoft’s SQL and Azure technologies, and we’re looking for the best ways to leverage these rapidly changing products. As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Design, document, implement, validate, and maintain organizational strategies for database backups, security, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Establish and enforce consistency in database design, naming conventions, and tooling across all OCAS applications
- Build guidelines, standards, automation and procedures to streamline processes and coordinate with multiple groups for maintenance activities
- Work with our software development teams to build data models for large new organizational initiatives
- Proactively analyze database performance and event logs, and implement solutions to achieve our targets, or work with software development teams to advise on required changes
You should have:
- A resume no longer than two pages that clearly describes the value of your past DBA role contributions to your previous employers, rather than only a list of activities you performed
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant certifications, particularly Azure SQL or Data Warehouse certifications
- 5+ years of practical DBA and SQL experience
- Experience with databases in the Azure cloud: Azure SQL, Managed Instances, AAS, Data Factory, and Cosmos DB
- Great communication skills, with the ability to articulate, debate, defend, and adjust design decisions with technical peers across the organization and OCAS’ IT leadership
- Previously used SQL Server Data Tools to manage database projects
- Experience with engineering and operational practices and processes that promote incrementalism, frequent delivery, and tight feedback loops without sacrificing quality
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the software and infrastructure you work on, and the way that it succeeds in meeting the needs of its users
- An understanding of Oracle 11.2 databases to write scripts and debug existing systems
- Experience with:
- Azure DevOps for SLDC, code, release, and environment management
- Azure Data Lake
- ETL tools such as Azure Data Factory, SSIS and Oracle OWB
- Power BI
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.