Data Product Manager
Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for six years in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Are you passionate about using data to drive real value and change? If so, we’re looking for a confident, detail-oriented person to join our team as a Data Product Manager.
As a Data Product Manager at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in driving data products and solutions to the college ecosystem. In working with Power BI, data warehouses, and more, you’ll help deliver insights and reporting products to college partners and internal teams. Those products will help improve the experience of almost 300,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college.
An integral member of our Product Management team, you’ll be relied on to work with internal and external stakeholders through the planning process to understand their needs and to establish buy-in for new or existing products. Applying an in-depth knowledge of data analysis, product management, and software development, you’ll liaise with customers and business and technology stakeholders to ensure solutions effectively and efficiently address their needs.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable people and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
- Make recommendations about metrics definition and analytical evaluation methods in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Lead requirements gathering efforts on new data product features and enhancements, consulting with internal and external stakeholders across various levels of the organizations
- Document and communicate story details and acceptance criteria to development teams
- Refine the product backlog to prioritize, decompose, and estimate stories
- Create user flows, mock-ups, and work with UX / UI specialists on product design
- Take an active role as product owner in scrum meetings, including planning, stand ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to support product launches with marketing, customer success, and operational support planning
- Review internal processes and tools and make recommendations to increase savings and efficiency
- Create presentations, diagrams, financial reports, and other collateral to inform stakeholders and evaluate product progress and success
- Expertise in product ownership
- Experience applying user-centered design principles
- Previous experience creating and launching business intelligence and reporting products
- Working knowledge of business intelligence / reporting tools (bonus points for Power BI and Cognos)
- Understanding and experience with AI and ML a plus
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics or related experience
- Ability to thrive under pressure and work well individually and collaboratively with others
- Capable of planning assigned tasks with a drive to execute them effectively
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, prioritize, and meet critical deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Position Reports to: Manager, Product Management
OCAS is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.