Full Stack Developer
Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for six years in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
At OCAS, we’re looking for enthusiastic experienced developers to join our team as Full-Stack Developer. If you’re looking to champion your knowledge and skills from backend development to the web client, this is your opportunity.
As a Full-Stack Developer at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing the technology that helps hundreds of thousands of individuals, at home and around the world, every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll gain hands-on exposure across our software technology stack, which uses .NET/.NET Core on the backend, feeding MVC and Angular frontend websites. You’ll participate in our modern DevOps culture as we invest in automation from the beginning with a mature continuous integration and deployment pipeline. Our software solutions are hosted in a variety of infrastructures, from private data centres to PaaS containers in the Azure public cloud.
You’ll join our innovative Technology Solutions team, working in a collaborative and supportive environment using the latest technologies, and will experience the benefits of joining an established company, such as more stability and a strong work-life balance. As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
- Full stack development from data access and APIs to Web applications (both server-side and SPA based)
- Design, code and unit test web APIs in C#
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Develop and maintain backend data access using Entity Framework / SSDT and extending with database Stored Procedures as necessary
- Setup and maintain build, packaging and deployment solutions to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Contribute to the reduction of technical debt by modernizing existing software architecture while respecting the availability of critical business systems
- Senior candidates to mentor junior & intermediate developers, championing attention to detail, best practices, and team standards and patterns
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience building end-to-end software solutions
- Proven proficiency developing with the .NET Framework, including Entity Framework, Web API and MVC
- Experience coding data access with SQL Server and other data sources
- Solid experience with modern source control systems like Git
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Independent, determined, and driven to succeed
Desired experience with:
- .NET Core
- Azure Services – Storage / Blob, Data / SQL / Cosmos, Messaging / Hubs / Queues / Topics
- Angular 2+ (we are currently at v9+)
- Service Bus architecture (i.e. MassTransit, RabbitMQ, Azure SB)
- Dependency Injection, Mocking
OCAS is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.