At OCAS, we design the pathways that help learners explore and apply to college in Ontario. Through our innovative service offerings, we also create the technology solutions that help our college partners offer world-class learning experiences.
As a Waterloo Area Top Employer for six years in a row, we’re looking for fellow innovators who can bring their technology expertise and passion for education to our growing team. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then we’re looking forward to discussing this role with you soon.
As a project manager at OCAS, you’re a visionary and authentic leader who thrives on change and understands the value of building trusted relationships to propel your teams to success. While you naturally enjoy organizing chaos and strive to build solid plans, you’ve cultivated a talent for recognizing when plans need to change and shift course without missing a beat!
Of course, as a project manager, you’ll be instrumental in driving projects to on-time, on-budget completion, and helping to balance and maintain our extensive project portfolio. Keenly aware of how our individual projects are the building blocks and driving forces behind organizational change and strategic goals, you connect the dots for team members and the broader organization. You’re motivated, energetic, and confident, combined with humility. You’re also a natural at collaborating with team members, customers, and vendors, and are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to remove roadblocks that threaten to delay or derail project work or demotivate your team.
On the flipside, you’ve got an eye for detail and precision, and have no trouble delegating and enforcing the timely execution of committed work by both internal and external project participants. Steadfast in achieving the goals of your projects, you continually assess risk, quality, and impact to stakeholders, and know how to negotiate when unplanned changes occur.
Communication is a cornerstone of project management. At OCAS, we value transparent communication in a clear, complete, and concise way. Our project managers are enthusiastic, open-minded, active listeners who have a keen curiosity to continuously learn. We believe that it’s a worthwhile time investment to seek out and have authentic conversations to build trust and tackle tough challenges together.
As part of the Project Management Office, you’ll work with a tightly knit team of committed, passionate, and focused individuals who are driven to help OCAS projects exceed expectations. As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with stunning individuals who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Deeply understand the strategic and operational purpose of projects and be able to rally teams towards the same goal
- Identify project stakeholders and facilitate workshops to determine project deliverables
- Collaborate with other project managers to assess impacts and risks between projects
- Create and execute project documents and procurement processes, including (but not limited to) project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, change management plans, work breakdowns, resource plans, and budget plans
- Manage project budgets and coordinate project signoffs
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to identify critical success factors and take accountability for project delivery and post-delivery monitoring
- Transparently communicate with stakeholders throughout the project lifespan to inform on progress, as well as identify and resolve issues
- Report on time, cost, scope, and quality status, and conduct post-project reviews and lessons learned
- You may work closely within a cross-functional value stream team, acting as both scrum master and project manager for that team
- 3-year postsecondary diploma or degree, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of software project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, tools, methodology, and concepts (Waterfall and Agile)
- Experience in higher education or other related service industries
- Experience with Agile/Lean framework
- PMP or CAPM designation
In response to COVID-19, we’ve been operating in a blended virtual and in-office arrangement. We consider everyone’s situation based on their health and family obligations, the business needs, and Government mandates for working from home.
In February, we’re rolling out a hybrid model where you can spend five days each month (or more if you prefer) working in the office, and the rest of your time working from home.
When you’re in the office, you can take comfort in knowing that our surroundings are cleaned vigorously every day and there are spacious private cubicles to give us the physical distance to feel comfortable.
OCAS is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.