Manager, Learner Services
At OCAS, we design the pathways that help learners explore and apply to college in Ontario. Through our innovative service offerings, we also create the technology solutions that help our college partners offer world-class learning experiences.
As a Waterloo Area Top Employer for six years in a row, we’re looking for fellow innovators who can bring their technology expertise and passion for education to our growing team. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then we’re looking forward to discussing this role with you soon.
OCAS is looking for a creative, forward-thinking leader to join our dedicated team as Manager, Learner Services. In this role, you’ll provide vision, planning, and leadership for the Learner Services team, who help guide potential learners along their postsecondary education journey.
As Manager, Learner Services, you’ll have the opportunity to challenge your creativity, curiosity, and long-term vision in the development and implementation of this exciting new service. Reporting to the Director, Customer Contact, you’ll have the freedom to shape and evolve your role in this newly-created position, while helping to influence OCAS’ path ahead.
At OCAS, you’ll work with remarkable people and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and lead the Learner Services team
- Develop and monitor performance measures that support organizational goals
- Ensure the overall effectiveness and productivity of the Learner Services team as members advise learners about relevant educational pathways in the Ontario college system
- Work closely with the Manager, Contact Centre to ensure smooth service delivery
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure timely and professional customer experience
- Oversee business development and the creation of this new line of business
- Postsecondary diploma or degree, or equivalent experience
- A high level of familiarity with the many pathways that can be followed through Ontario’s colleges
- A deep commitment to assisting prospective learners in choosing the college credential(s) that match their unique circumstances and helping them achieve the future they want
- Experience in a student guidance counsellor, college recruitment, or similar environment
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to mentor and coach others
- Ability to define goals and ensure they’re successfully executed
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills
- The ability to speak French is an asset, but not required
In response to COVID-19, we’ve been operating in a blended virtual and in-office arrangement. We consider everyone’s situation based on their health and family obligations, the business needs, and Government mandates for working from home.
In February, we’re rolling out a hybrid model where you can spend five days each month (or more if you prefer) working in the office, and the rest of your time working from home.
When you’re in the office, you can take comfort in knowing that our surroundings are cleaned vigorously every day and there are spacious private cubicles to give us the physical distance to feel comfortable.
OCAS is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.