Business System Analyst
Technology is reinventing higher education and at OCAS we play a vital role in helping shape this evolving landscape. We deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners and create new pathways for learners exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges.
Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team.
We’re looking for an energetic analyst who is eager to interact with our partners to support and enable their technology goals, resolve their issues, and work with our Infrastructure Architect to implement creative designs.
As a trusted member of our IT Services team, you’ll be a key team player in performing tasks in the research, development, implementation, and support of critical OCAS systems.
- We offer a hybrid work environment that gives you the flexibility to work in our Guelph office, remotely, or a combination of both
- Your team is an amazing group of individuals passionate about technology and are encouraged to explore new ways of working
- You’ll start off with 22 vacation days, as well as paid company breaks in the summer and during the holiday season
- We offer a corporate pension plan to help you prepare for your next stage of life
- We provide generous benefits that include vision and dental care, extended health care, life insurance, and more
- Because we understand the importance of lifelong learning, we offer a generous professional development allowance, as well as other initiatives to help you skill up
- We support several local charities and offer paid time off to volunteer in your community
In this role, you will:
- Manage reported incidents, in which you view every customer support request or incident as an opportunity to expand your own technical skills by using any available resource to resolve the issue
- Manage application releases, in which you are responsible for the release management lifecycle, such as scheduling the release, developing a release plan, coordinating between teams, and deploying all OCAS critical business systems. This includes but not limited to setting up of sites, creating resources, add custom domains and manage configurations
- Analyze new business requirements to identify any impact on existing systems and current projects, and translate them into system requirements
- Provide escalated support, troubleshooting, remediation, and root cause analysis of issues related to supported applications that can be web, API, on-prem servers or Databases, as well as recommendations toward permanent solutions
- Conduct research on new software products
- Drive process improvements by identifying and implementing opportunities for efficiencies and automation
- Publish internal support documentation to assist staff with requests for information and provide training
You should have:
- A resume (no longer than two pages) that clearly describes the ways you’ve improved IT technology, support, and/or process quality, enabling positive customer support experiences. Rather than provide a long list of skills and technology frameworks that you’re experienced in, tell us what you did and the amazing outcomes you achieved
- A technical college or university credential in computer science or programming, or other relevant certifications
- Experience working in cloud environments in relation to deployment, environment scaling, automation, maintenance, and configuration
- Understanding of Azure DevOps build, release, and pipeline capabilities, or similar products
- Scripting or programming experience in T-SQL, PowerShell, Bash, or Python
- Good to have, containerization experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or similar
- Troubleshooting knowledge, minimum of three to five years’ experience in Microsoft technical stack on understanding traces, including experience with two or more of the following Microsoft products: .NET, Dynamics 365, Biztalk, SharePoint, SQL Server, Power BI
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of Azure cloud products, including two or more of the following: Azure SQL, SQL Managed Instances, Azure Search, Azure App Service, Synapse Analytics, App Insights, Dashboards, Monitoring and Alerts
- Outstanding communication skills that nurture and reassure an incident’s originator through times of crises in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the support and solutions you work on, and the way that it succeeds in meeting the needs of the system’s users
OCAS is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.