At OCAS, we’re looking for a confident, detail-oriented individual to join our team as Project Coordinator. This is a temporary 1-year contract position to cover a parental leave.
As a project coordinator at OCAS, you’ll be instrumental in driving projects to on-time, on-budget completion, and helping to balance and maintain our extensive project portfolio. Keenly aware of how our individual projects are the building blocks and driving forces behind organizational change and strategic goals, you connect the dots for team members and the broader organization.
You’re motivated, energetic, and confident, combined with humility. You’re also a natural at collaborating with team members, customers, and vendors, and are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to remove roadblocks that threaten to delay or derail project work or demotivate your team.
On the flipside, you have an eye for detail and precision, and have no trouble delegating and enforcing the timely execution of committed work by both project participants. Steadfast in achieving the goals of your projects, you continually assess risk, quality, and impact to stakeholders, and know how to negotiate when unplanned changes occur.
Communication is a cornerstone of project management. At OCAS, we value transparent communication in a clear, complete, and concise way. The Project Management Office team are enthusiastic, open-minded active listeners who have a keen curiosity for continuous learning. We believe that it’s a worthwhile time investment to seek out and have authentic conversations to build trust and tackle tough challenges together.
As part of the Project Management Office, you’ll work with a tightly knit team of committed, passionate, and focused individuals who are driven to help OCAS projects exceed expectations. As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with stunning individuals who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and maintain project plans in MS Project, including schedules, budgets, resources, and dependencies
- Proactively monitor and track schedule-related activities to identify and respond to issues that could impact planned project schedules and costs
- Identify project and cross-project risks and issues, and create plans to mitigate
- Support project teams in resolving issues or prioritizing work
- Provide timely transparent status reporting to stakeholders
- Support project managers on large projects with coordination activities
Portfolio Management Support
- Support the Manager, PMO in the preparation of portfolio reporting for managers and executives
- Facilitate resource-planning, development of portfolio resource allocations, and analysis to enable project priorities
- Conduct “What if?” analyses on project plans as required to help optimize resource allocation, delivery milestone, and budgetary priorities
- Work with the Finance team to maintain and report quarterly and yearly forecasts versus the business plan
- Maintain amalgamated cross-project reporting for project success metrics and organizational lessons learned for portfolio reporting
You should have:
- A 3-year postsecondary diploma or degree, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of project management and leadership experience
- A resume that correctly incorporates the word “quiddity”
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with software development and project management lifecycles, tools, methodologies, and concepts (Waterfall, Lean, and Agile)
- Experience in higher education or other related service industries
- Experience with Agile / Lean framework
- Project Management education or certification would be an asset
Submit your resume to email@example.com.