At OCAS, we’re looking for a motivated, energetic, and confident individual to join our team as Project Manager. As a Project Manager at OCAS, you’re a visionary and authentic leader who thrives on change and understands the value of building trusted relationships in order to propel your teams to success. While you naturally enjoy organizing chaos and strive to build solid plans, you’ve cultivated a talent for recognizing when plans need to change and shift course without missing a beat!
Of course as a Project Manager, you’ll be instrumental in driving projects to on-time, on-budget completion, and helping to balance and maintain our extensive project portfolio. You’re also a natural at collaborating with team members, customers and vendors, and are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to remove roadblocks that threaten to delay or derail project work, or demotivate your team.
On the flipside, you’ve got an eye for detail and precision, and have no trouble delegating and enforcing the timely execution of committed work by both internal and external project participants. Steadfast in achieving the goals of your projects, you continually assess risk, quality and impact to stakeholders, and know how to negotiate when unplanned changes occur.
Communication is a cornerstone of project management. At OCAS, we value transparent communication in a clear, complete and concise way. Our team of Project Managers are enthusiastic, open-minded active listeners who have a keen curiosity to continuously learn. We believe that it’s a worthwhile time investment to seek out and have authentic conversations in order to build trust and tackle tough challenges together.
As part of the Project Management Office, you’ll work with a tightly knit team of committed, passionate, and focused individuals who are driven to help OCAS projects exceed expectations. As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with stunning individuals who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Identify project stakeholders and facilitate workshops to determine high-level project deliverables.
- Collaborate with other Project Managers to assess impacts and risks between projects.
- Create and execute project documents and procurement processes, including but not limited to project plans, risk management plan, communication plan, work breakdowns, resource plans, and budget plan.
- Manage project budgets and coordinate project signoffs.
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to identify critical success factors and take accountability for project delivery and post-delivery monitoring.
- Transparently communicate with stakeholders throughout the project lifespan to inform on progress, as well as identify and resolve issues.
- Report on time, cost, scope and quality status, and conduct post-project reviews and lessons learned.
- Represent OCAS and your project(s) with external stakeholders, ensuring realistic expectations are set and we have the appropriate level of transparency.
- Work closely within a cross-functional value stream team, acting as both scrum master and project manager for that team.
You should have:
- A 3-year postsecondary diploma or degree, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of software project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills with both internal and external stakeholder
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle, tools, methodology and concepts (Waterfall and Agile)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in higher education or other related service industries
- Experience with Agile / Lean framework
- PMP or CAPM designation
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org