As Project Manager at OCAS, you’ll be instrumental in driving projects to on-time, on-budget completion, and balancing and maintaining the organization’s extensive project portfolio. Motivated, energetic and confident, you’re a natural at collaborating with team members, customers and vendors, and are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to remove roadblocks that threaten to delay or derail project work.
On the flipside, you’re a stickler for detail and precision, and have no trouble delegating and enforcing the tasks of both internal and external project participants. Steadfast in your adherence to deadlines and success criteria, you thrive on assessing risk, quality and impact to stakeholders, are a keen negotiator of project scope, and change requests.
As part of the Project Management Office, you’ll work with committed, passionate and focused individuals who are driven to help OCAS’ projects exceed expectations and deliver on time. As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with stunning individuals who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- Identify project stakeholders and facilitate workshops to determine high-level project deliverables
- Collaborate with other project managers to assess impacts and risks between projects
- Create and execute project documents and procurement processes, including but not limited to project plans, risk management plan, communication plan, work breakdowns, resource plans, and budget plan
- Manage project budgets and coordinate project signoffs
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to identify critical success factors for project delivery and post-delivery monitoring
- Communicate with stakeholders throughout project lifecycles to inform on progress, as well as identify and resolve issues
- Report on time, cost and quality status, and conduct post-project reviews and lessons learned
You should have:
- A 3-year postsecondary diploma or degree, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of software project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle, tools, methodology and concepts
Desirable experience with:
- PMP or CAPM designation
- Experience in higher education or other related service industries
- Experience with Agile / Lean framework