Quality Assurance Analyst
Think testing is about mindlessly passing and validating requirements? Think again! We’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer-focused, and technology-minded individual to imitate our users and challenge our applications by exposing the ways they fail, and join our team as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing and supporting the technology that helps over 250,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll be an integral member of our QA team, imagining and brainstorming your own test plans while creating automated checks in both our .NET API and Selenium Front End frameworks in C#.
As a quality advocate, you’ll test features deployed to the cross-functional test environment shared by all our products, and will be challenged to imagine ways that both related and seemingly unrelated features or products might interact with each other to expose real-world problems faced by our users. A self-starter, you’ll also have the ability to influence the direction of our team and our products.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
You share OCAS' core QA values:
- We can test anything put in front of us whether or not we have requirements for it: a prototype, a design, a flowchart, an idea, or even actual software
- All software systems inherently have bugs and problems to be found
- A passing test suite is very worrisome; it means we haven’t worked hard enough to find bugs yet
- Automated check systems are only a piece of a successful test plan
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with team members, including testers, developers, product managers, client service representatives, and others, to build and execute exploratory test plans that rigorously test product functionality and expose potential failures
- Stay up-to-date on the latest consumer, technology, and regulatory trends outside of OCAS’ control (e.g., new browser features, new OS platforms, cloud infrastructure configurations, accessibility regulations, OWASP top security risks), and explore how they might affect our products
- Raise awareness about issues discovered during testing, and work collaboratively with members of other departments to develop solutions
- Use the most appropriate tool or skill you have to solve a given testing problem, or learn a new one
- Design tests within OCAS’ automated API, performance, load, unit, and UI test frameworks
You should have:
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another similar discipline
- A resume no longer than two pages that clearly describes the interesting and unique ways you’ve improved software, product, user experience, and/or process quality in the past
- 5+ years’ experience in the software testing field, over which time you have demonstrated continuous learning and personal growth in this profession
- Development experience with C#, SQL, and Visual Studio
- Experience with MSTest V2, Fluent Assertions, NUnit, JUnit, or another similar test framework
- RESTful API development or testing
- A curious mind that asks lots of questions and enjoys researching multiple perspectives before determining the best solution
- A desire to ensure all persons have an equal opportunity to use the product being released
- A resume that includes the word “Evergreen" somewhere (we only want applicants who are reading the job description in detail, after all, being detail-oriented is a common trait of successful testers. Including this random word helps prove that you are.... or perhaps you are a very advanced “AI” algorithm!)
- The ability to take divergent concepts, thoughts, and findings, and converge them into a clear, complete, and concise written or oral message
- A love of working with different teams to achieve the common goal of building an amazing product that exceeds expectations
Desired experience with:
- Familiarity with various components of web applications such as integrations, performance, security and reliability
- Various testing strategies and methodologies, especially Session-Based Exploratory Testing
- Experience creating mind maps, or using other brainstorming tools and methods
- Test scripting experience in Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, Appium, or other similar frameworks
- Jmeter, or other performance testing scripting languages
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure DevOps / VSTS / VSO / TFS, JIRA, or another similar SDLC tool
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.