While OCAS is best known for being the central application system of Ontario’s college system, we’re also a trusted shared service technology provider in our province’s higher education system partners. We’re looking for an energetic IT specialist who’s eager to interact with our partners to support and enable their technology goals, resolve their issues, and work with our Infrastructure Architect to implement creative designs.
As trusted member of our IT Services team, you’ll also handle internal support requests from OCAS employees by untangling the problems that inevitably come with supporting a variety of employee and office laptops, systems, and peripherals.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
In this role, you will:
- View every customer support request or incident as an opportunity to expand your own technical skills by using any available resource to resolve the issue, while creating a positive customer support experience.
- Administer, configure, maintain, and provide support for all IT infrastructure, including on-premises Windows Server environments, Azure cloud-based resources, Microsoft 365 / Office 365, and SharePoint.
- Provide Level 2 end-user support and troubleshooting for all PC-based hardware, applications, and services.
- Track server activity, perform software upgrades, maintain computer hardware, address questions about technical problems, and improve efficiency by evaluating system and network functions.
- Design and implement new IT initiatives and infrastructure upgrades.
You should have:
- A resume no longer than two pages that clearly describes the ways you’ve improved IT technology, support, and/or process quality to enable positive customer support experiences. Communicate what you did and the amazing outcomes you achieved, not only a long list of skills and technology frameworks that you’re experienced in.
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant certifications.
- Expert knowledge of O365 administration, Active Directory and directory services, Windows Server, and Windows.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of Azure cloud products, including Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, virtual machines.
- A resume that includes the word “orchid” to demonstrate your attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills that nurture and reassure an incident’s originator through times of crises in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the support and solutions you work on, and the way that it succeeds in meeting the needs of the system’s users.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with:
- Exchange and SMTP
- Linux server administration
- Scripting or programming experience in PowerShell
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.