VP, Advanced & Emerging Technologies
The VP of Advanced & Emerging Technologies is a groundbreaking, future-forward role for OCAS, reporting directly to our President & CEO Karen Creditor. As technology continues to drive innovation in the education ecosystem, we’re looking for someone with natural curiosity, long-term vision, and a proven passion for advanced and emerging technologies, who can ensure we stay focused on possibilities we’re only just beginning to imagine.
Operating in the high-impact, forward-looking college ecosystem, you’ll work alongside the most innovative minds in public-private collaboration. Fueled by your proven technical background, you’ll chart our course into the world of analytics, security, machine learning, blockchain, collaboration, and more, and will influence our path forward across this entire range of technology innovation.
In this newly created role, you’ll have freedom to explore, create, invent, and prototype, translating technology vision into actionable pathways that empower collaborative solutions to current and future challenges. Your desire to network across geographies and sectors, building deep and productive relationships, will fuel your technical creativity and benefit you as you build an emerging team. All of this you’ll do as part of the connected, collaborative, and supportive Executive team at the helm of our growing entrepreneurial social enterprise – where values like the health and wellbeing of our organization and the commitment to doing meaningful work are always at the forefront.
At OCAS, we believe strongly that what we do every day truly matters. In ways big and small, we make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals every year as they pursue their futures in postsecondary education. As VP of Advanced & Emerging Technologies, you’ll have an opportunity to help us shape the continued convergence of technology and education in those personal journeys – and if you’re up for that challenge and adventure, we look forward to meeting you.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate proven, confident, polished, and creative leadership, with the ability to “connect-the-dots” among disparate technologies, partners, and opportunities in a fun and engaging way.
- Uncover and investigate technology opportunities that can be applied and leveraged by both OCAS and our college ecosystem partners.
- Take an active role in continuing to raise the profile and use of technology in the college system and across geographies.
- Actively build dynamic relationships and partnerships across the technology and education sectors.
- Get hands-on with technology as needed to demonstrate leadership and competence, and to prove out concepts and prototypes, earning respect as someone who truly understands the convergence of the business of postsecondary education and what it takes to create and deploy technology innovations.
- Alongside OCAS’ President & CEO and the rest of the Executive team, engage with stakeholders as a confident and informed face and voice of OCAS.
- As a member of the Senior Executive team, contribute both strategically and creatively, in all areas of the business.
- Provide leadership that empowers and mentors, while demonstrating collaboration, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Support and contribute to OCAS’ “fun and effective” organizational culture and work environment.
You should have / be:
- Relevant education and experience in computer science, systems design engineering, and technical innovation
- Excellent verbal, written, and formal presentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with change management, managing complex technical and people changes
- Ability to turn new technology ideas into insights, plans, and recommendations
- Results-driven, with the ability to understand the complex relationships between organizations, the college ecosystem, and the ever-changing technology environment
Submit your resume to email@example.com.