OCAS created the OCAS Portals to allow Colleges, High Schools and Boards, and International Agencies to inquire on and update the OCAS database.
The OCAS Portals allows registered users to access data stored at OCAS relating to applicant information including academic information and college program information. Applicant information includes information entered into the OCAS database from or relating to an application to college.
As a Registered User:
1.1 You are eligible to access the OCAS Portals and related information management systems operated by OCAS Application Services Inc. ("OCAS"). OCAS collects, uses and discloses personal information of applicants primarily for the purpose of making admissions and accreditation related decisions, including the creation, processing and maintenance of applications, acceptances and registrations with Ontario Colleges ("Applicant Data").
1.2 By exercising your access privileges to the Applicant Data, which may include personal information protected under the Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act, and related legal considerations, you hereby consent to the terms and conditions set out below. You acknowledge and understand that such information is private and confidential and must be collected, used and disclosed in a manner consistent with OCAS' Privacy Code. The complete privacy statement is available online at: http://www.ocas.ca/privacy
1.3 You may only collect, use or disclose Applicant Data for reasons arising directly from your duties and consistent with the purpose for which access was granted. You are not permitted to collect, use, disclose, reproduce or retain Applicant Data for any commercial or other purpose and must surrender and relinquish access to all such information upon cessation of your access privileges.
1.4 You agree to protect the security and confidentiality of the access you have been granted including your username and password, access portals and means of connection. You agree that you will not share this access information or credentials with any non-authorized person.
1.5 You agree that the information you supply, enter, amend or delete is accurate and complete at the time such information is accessed. You also represent that you have the consent of the individual for whom personal information changes are made. You further agree to protect and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the information that you access, supply, enter, amend or delete in the course of your duties and responsibilities.
1.6 OCAS reserves the right to, at all times, vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms and conditions for access privileges. These terms and conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Canada and specifically Ontario.
1.7 OCAS may terminate your access at any time for any reason, including any failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
1.8 OCAS reserves the right to engage in compliance audits of authorized users and access permissions assigned to the organization.
1.9 Your access privileges terminate immediately upon the cessation of your role, employment or affiliation with the organization to which access is granted.
1.11 You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the website on your own PC.
1.12 You may copy material (by printing off individual pages on to paper) for your personal non-commercial use only.
1.13 You must not:
- Translate, disassemble, decompile, modify or reverse engineer in whole or in part or merge it with other software programs.
- Adapt modules for your own purposes.
- Use the websites for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
You represent that your organization:
(i) has taken reasonable precautions to safeguard Applicant Data and to protect it against unauthorized interception and/or infection by malware including viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware and rootkits;
(iv) shall, in event of a breach of these terms and conditions of access, including a breach of privacy, confidentiality or the requirement to maintain reasonable safeguards, notify OCAS immediately in writing, with sufficient particulars being directed to the attention of: Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org);
(v) understands that all Applicant Data remains the sole and exclusive property of OCAS and no license or other right is granted or implied by the permission to access such information;
(vi) understands that OCAS makes no express or implied representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of Applicant Data;
(vii) shall perform periodic audits of authorized users who have been given access permission and ensure that access is promptly removed for those users who no longer require access; and
(viii) shall ensure and verify that information being uploaded and attached is attributed to the correct applicant.
Using OCAS systems, College Staff have the ability to:
- View application data, which includes demographics, grades, education, experience, program choices, offers, supporting documents, only for applicants who have applied to their college
- View and update individual existing offers of admission only for applicants who have applied to their college
- Monitor, administer, and view applicants who have made a college transcript request for their college. The request view will include demographics, contact, and (former) education information.
- Access summary reports about the status of applicant transcript requests from their college
- View and acknowledge the receipt of Ontario college and Ontario university applicant electronic transcripts
- View the details of their college programs, make updates to existing programs as required and add new programs as necessary
- View and download supporting documents (as defined by a document matrix) in the OCAS system for applicants to their college through Document Access
- Access aggregated applicant, enrolment and graduation data within the reporting and analytics in the Data Warehouse
- Download datasets of Ontario high schools and boards
- View management reports on operational statistics, e.g. college reports, and focused analysis, e.g. program comparisons
- Facilitate the authorized activities of agencies and agents.
Using OCAS systems, High School Counsellors, Guidance and Board of Education staff have the ability to:
- View application data, which includes demographics, grades, education, experience, program choices offers, supporting documents, for their own high school's students who have applied to college.
- Add / Edit / Delete / View Ontario high School academic-related data and grades for their own high school's students who have become applicants and are in OCAS' system.
- Upload data transmissions, including demographics and grades information from their school, into the OCAS system.
Using OCAS systems, an International Agency staff have the ability to:
- Add / Edit / Delete / View application data, which includes demographics, grades, education, experience, supporting documents, for the students represented by their agency who have applied to college.